sábado, 20 de marzo de 2010

American Psycho

Autor: Bret Easton Ellis
Año de publicación: 1991


"I mean the fact reamains that no one gives a shit about their work, everybody hates their jobs, I hate my job, you've told me you hate yours. What do I do?... I mean am I alone in thinking we're not making enough money?"
-Timothy Price

"A good personality consists of a chick who has a little hardbody and who will satisfy all sexual demands without being too sluty about things and who will essentially keep her dumb fucking mouth shut."
-Reeves

"The only girls with good personalities who are smart or maybe funny or halfway intellingent or even talented - though god knows what the fuck that means - are ugly chicks... and this is because they have to make up for how fucking unattractive they are."
-Hamlin

"When I see a pretty girl walking down the street I think two things. One part of me wants to take her out and talk to her and be real nice and sweet and treat her right... -'What does the other part of him think?' Hamlin asks -What her head would look like on a stick"
-Patrick Bateman citando a Ed Gein

"This is true: the world is better off with some people gone. Our lives are not all interconnected. That theory is a crock. Some people truly do not need to be here."

-Patrick Bateman

"Though I am satisfied at first by my actions, I'm suddenly jolted with a mournful despair at how useless, how extraordinarily painless, it is to take a child's life. This thing before me, small and twisted and bloody, has no real history, no worthwhile past, nothing is really lost. It's so much worse (and more pleasurable) taking the life of someone who has hit his or her prime, who has the beginnings of a full history, a spouse, a network of friends, a career, whose death will upset far more people whose capacity for grief is limitless than a child's would, perhaps ruin many more lives than just the meaningless, punny death of this boy."
-Patrick Bateman

"Of couse we all have call waiting. What do you think we are, barbarians?"
-Patrick Bateman

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Se solicitan recomendaciones tanto de textos a leer como de citas de la obra en cuestión que el dueño de este lugar haya omitido además de textos que enriquezcan más este altar de la sabiduría bibliográfica.